In addition to the above, you must enter your personal identity and certification data (such as your membership code for the Program/ mobile phone number/ email address and password) to log-on to the website or mobile telecommunication service in order to better protect you personal data.
We will require you to provide your personal data in specific ranges on the website, mobile telecommunication service or other communication channels. The data we gather (hereinafter referred to as "the data") includes but is not limited to the following:
- Username and password
- Date of birth
- Document type and number
- Phone number
- Mailing address
- Email address
Other data, includes but is not limited to language, leisure and travel preferences.
If you fail to provide the requested personal data and contact information required for providing specific services, we may not be able to fully provide you with the online service you desire.
We may use your personal data in the following situations:
- Evaluating and processing your membership application
- Confirming and verifying your membership
- Processing the products and services you purchased
- Processing or confirming your service requests
- Completing online, mobile telecommunication and other services you requested
- Replying to your inquiries
- Ensuring the operation of the Program, including checking points, transmitting news messages related to offers, services, continuous marketing research, project development and "StarTour Rewards".
- Facilitating marketing promotions and customer management, including delivering the newest offers and promotional activities related to "Heart Park Rewards" to members.
- To use as reference and records for the Program
- Announcing the list of winners of the activities organized by the website or on behalf of the website
- We will use anonymized data to design a better website or improve our products and services.
- Apart from the above usages, we will not intentionally use or share the data you provide online.
- Users provide their information under the assumption that they are aware that the website has issued a disclaimer and that part of the content will be made public;
that the relevant judicial authorities or government departments require users to provide relevant information in accordance with laws and regulations;
and that the information of users can be obtained from other public channels (for example, the leakage of personal information in public Internet Cafes caused by not logging off );
- The website confirms the need to publish the users' information in a meticulous manner (if the information provided by the user is fraudulent or misleading).
- Cookies and Log Files
- Cookies are a technology used to enable communication between the Internet server and the users' Internet browser and to calculate the users' data. It may automatically save certain data onto the users' computer to identify parts on the Internet that they are most interested in and to provide you with a better Internet experience. Most parts of the browser are preset with Cookies, yet, you can adjust the settings of your browser to cancel or limit the use of this function. The collective unregistered data collected by Cookies does not include personal contact information, such as name, address, phone number and email address. The website may collect your IP address to help analyze and resolve the problems the website faces and may collect your browsing information relevant to the website. The data collected will only be used for the website's internal research purpose to improve the quality of our services and has no direct correlation with your personal data.
We may disclose and transfer your data to hotels participating in the Program, our selected partners and persons that are deemed to be providing or who will provide you with products and services. This is so that they may offer offer you those products and services as well as convey messages related to the above.
We may also disclose your data to third parties in the following situations: legal requirements, court orders, requests from the government or law enforcement agencies, or the fact that we genuinely believe that such disclosure is necessary which includes but is not limited to securing the rights of the website, companies participating in the Program as well as selected partners. If we have reasonable reason to believe that the relevant data can confirm, contact or accuse any persons who intentionally or in other ways obstruct the rights of the Company, or that anyone may be harmed, we will also disclose the data.